LA County Home Test Collection Program
The LA County Home Test Collection program with Fulgent Genetics offers an option to certain residents who have COVID-19 symptoms or who were possibly exposed to COVID-19 to receive a free at-home nasal swab COVID-19 test.
To participate, you MUST meet the following criteria:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19 or think you were exposed to COVID-19, AND
- Are age 65 years or older; OR
- Are unable to leave your home
How it works
Sign up on the Picture by Fulgent Genetics website to have a test kit shipped to your home address via FedEx. You will receive your test kit within two days after you order it. Please note that test kits cannot be shipped to P.O. boxes. You must have an email account to sign up. Guardians or caregivers may order test kits for persons for whom they provide care.
Once you receive the test kit, take the test as soon as it arrives. All of the steps below must be done ON THE SAME DAY.
Follow the instructions included in the test kit to:
- Activate the test online
- Collect your own sample from your nose and wash your hands
- Package your sample in the pre-paid overnight envelope
- Call FedEx at 1.800.463.3339 to schedule a one-time FedEx Pickup, or drop off the packaged sample back to the Fulgent Genetics lab via FedEx express drop box
You will receive your result within 48 hours after the lab receives your sample.
Fulgent Genetics will send you an email to notify you when your results are ready to view.
- As you wait to receive your test kit, please be sure to
- stay at home,
- avoid contact with others,
- wear a mask, and
- wash your hands often.
- The test kit is for immediate use only. You should collect and ship your sample within 3-5 days of receiving the test kit.
- There will be no-cost to you. However, we ask that you enter your health insurance information so LA County can get reimbursed for the cost of the test. You do NOT need insurance to get a test kit.