LA County Home Test Collection Program
The LA County Home Test Collection is a pilot program with Fulgent Genetics that allows you to sign up to have a COVID-19 test shipped to your home. This is the same test offered at County testing sites. The sample is collected using a nasal swab.
How it works
Sign up on the Fulgent Genetics website to have a test kit shipped to your home address via FedEx. You will receive your test kit in two days after you order it. Please note, they will not be able to ship to P.O. boxes. You must have an email account to sign up.
Once you receive the test kit, take the test as soon as it arrives. All of the steps below must be done ON THE SAME DAY.
Follow the instructions included in the kit to:
- Activate the test online
- Collect your own sample from your nose and wash your hands
- Package your sample in the pre-paid overnight envelope
- Drop off the packaged sample back to Fulgent lab via FedEx
You will receive your result within 48 hours.
Fulgent Genetics will provide your results via email.
To participate, you MUST meet one of the following criteria:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19
- Were in close contact with someone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks
- Are a senior or person with a disability who feel they were exposed to COVID-19, and cannot go to go to a testing site
- As you wait to receive your test, please be sure to
- stay at home,
- avoid contact with others,
- wear a mask,
- and wash your hands often.
- The test is for immediate use only, and you are required to return the sample within 7 days.
- There will be no-cost to you between December 1st, 2020 and January 31st, 2021. Once the pilot program ends after January 31st, you might have to buy the test.
- Although there is no cost to you, we ask that you enter your insurance information so we can offer this test to as many people as possible. You do NOT need insurance to get a test.